Comics are undoubtedly one of the most popular literary genres today. But this work usually requires a sense of humour and artistic talent. To put it clearly, a comic is a common story presented in the form of sequential pictures. This means that comics are not very different from other forms of storytelling that have to meet certain conditions.
If you feel like you miss some artistic talent read more on reviews related to online art courses. But in a meantime use our tips to write and create the best comic ever.
- Start. Every story has to start somewhere. Even if your story is drawn on a white piece of paper, it’s already something. You must first decide on what background the character actions will take place. Depending on the story, the background may become an integral part of the story.
- Characters. You need actors for your story. Your characters develop events, tell stories in dialogues, connect with the reader. Gradually develop the story of your characters. This is especially important for long stories. Check some US-Reviews to see what people are interested in.
- Conflict. Every story requires graduation and development. This is the basis of the story, the reason that explains the main character’s actions. Conflict can be as simple as checking email or covering a universal scale by saving all worlds.
- Subject. The topic depends on the reading base. If you are writing a funny story, what jokes would fit? If you are writing a love story, what lesson from love can you learn from it? Add a special value for your readers.
- Atmosphere. This is the energy of your comic. Do you write comedy? Or is your story more of a drama? Maybe you want to draw pictures that relate to the current events? Possibilities are never ending. Combine comedy and drama, write a novel with a touch of thriller. Create an atmosphere with dialogues, insert text and visuals.
Write about what you know.
This is one of the best ways to make the comic more believable. It will also help you not get lost in the creation process and save you from blindly copying already existing comics.
Choose your style.
Since you’re creating a comic, visualisation will be the first thing a reader notices. Choose a style that matches the character of your story and the images in your head.
Experiment with several styles
until you find one that works. There are many popular styles that you can later practice and customize. A drama usually requires more visualization than a comedy.
Choose a format.
These are usually single-frame comics, multi-frame comics or comic books. Experiment with different formats until you find a format that suits your characters, follows the story and matches the background.
- Single-frame comics are a typical example of comedy. It doesn’t take much preparation for these comics. The joke is based on one or two sentences in the dialogue. Such comics usually cover current issues or reports.
- Multi-frame comics are a series of sequential pictures. Although there are no restrictions or rules regarding the length, it usually contains 2-4 frames, each with several replicas. This is the most popular type of comic book because it has a storyline, but it is short enough for comics to be published regularly.
- Comics books require more story content on the page and tend to tell longer and more coherent stories.
Contrary to popular belief, comics are not only interesting for children. Comics can tell a story in a truly unique language, by adding pictures with emotions you can work with great success through comics to the soul of the reader. Not only the one who draws can create their own comic. Now, with special online generators for creating comics, anyone can create comics!