March 17, 2007
The Toad Hollow
Wilderness Adventure Duathlon Adventure Race
6 hr. multisport rogaine
Scioto Trail State Park & Forest
*statistics from Ambush 2002-2005 registrations
In 2005, over 1100
people attended 17
different Ambush Adventure races in 5 states across the eastern US, making Ambush Adventure Sports Ltd the most prolific producer of adventure racing in the country.
Ambush will produce over 20 races in 2006 and expects to attract nearly 2000 participants.
By establishing partnerships with local adventure racing clubs, Ambush Adventure Sports Ltd will continue to grow while many promoters are cutting back or even ceasing operations altogether.
Hundreds of people visit the Ambush website daily to stay informed about adventure racing news and events.
Chances are good that if you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, you are already aware of the benefits of putting your product or service in front of this unique demographic.
While it may be difficult to draw a picture of the 'typical' adventure racer, we can point out some broad generalizations*:
- AGE: Most adventure racers are between 25-45 years old.
- GENDER: Over 75% of adventure racers are male, however women's adventure racing is the fastest growing segment of the sport and the Buff Betty Women's Adventure Race Series will attract hundreds of 'new' women to the sport in 2006.
- INCOME/EMPLOYMENT: Adventure racers are generally employed in a professional or managerial capacity and earn above average incomes.
Show up at the typical adventure race and it will be plain to see that adventure racers are not shy about spending money, on anything from automobiles to bikes to clothes and other outdoor gear. Racers are always interested in better, lighter, more durable gear and quick to seize on whatever works. These are the classic "early adopters" and are not bound by custom or tradition as in more well established sports such as road cycling or triathlon.
- If you have a new or innovative product, this is the place you want to be.
- If you have a high quality product that works better than anything else on the market, this is the place you want to be.
- If you want your organization to been seen as on the cutting edge, this is the place you want to be.
Ambush Adventure Sports Ltd offers a variety of sponsorship opportunities that will help you build awareness and increase sales and will work with you to design a campaign that will meet your specific objectives. Examples include:
- EVENT SPONSORSHIP:
This is the Gold Standard and includes the naming rights to a particular race (or series of races). Ambush uses the revenue from the purchase of an event mainly for publicity and promotion. This not only helps to build event attendance, but further increases awareness of your organization as an event sponsor. Of course this may be combined with product donations which are then used as prizes and awards.
Request more info.
- PRODUCT SPONSORSHIP:
What better way to make folks aware of your product than to provide samples for field testing. And what better way to associate your product with high quality than to give it as an award to top finishers. Even if you do not have a particular product that would be suitable for racer 'premiums' or awards, we can arrange to have your organization's identity imprinted on clothing or other promotional items as a memento of the race.
Request more info.
- IDENTITY SPONSORSHIP:
Identity sponsorship can range from having race Tshirts imprinted with your company logo to prominently displaying your company banners at the registration tent or START/FINISH line.
- Exclusive Tshirt sponsorship: Your organization name & logo, and yours alone will be printed on the back of our event Tshirts. These shirts are a high quality wicking fabric and NOT a cotton throwaway - people keep them and wear them. Not only will you receive visibility at the race itself, but for months or years to come as racers wear these shirts to train and race in.
- For only $1/shirt* we will print a 3"x3" logo to be shared with up to three other sponsoring organizations.
- * Typically we provide Tshirts to racers who register 30 days or more in advance of the event. This generally works out to be between 50-60 Tshirts per race.
- Banner placement: For only $25/banner we will place any reasonably sized banner at the registration tent or START/FINISH line. If you have (or are willing to have made) a banner that reads "your organization name here Welcomes Adventure Racers" we will place it for FREE to help direct racers to the START upon their arrival.
- WEB SPONSORSHIP:
The Ambush website receives hundreds of unique visits everyday from racers who enjoy our unique content, event info and gear recommendations. For a very small fee, you can place a banner or other promotional advertisement on the Ambush website where it will be seen by thousands.
- Event promotion: For only $10 we will publish a news release announcing your event on the Ambush front page and provide a link to the event website. In addition, we will show a 200x200 'postage stamp' ad (as seen in the column to the left) or a standard 468x60 banner ad on the Ambush Calendar page.
- Premium Web Ads: 200x200 'postage stamp' ads or 468x60 standard banner ads prominently displayed on the Ambush frontpage are $25/month.
- Standard Web Ads: 200x200 'postage stamps' or 468x60 banners shown on a rotating basis on various pages throughout the Ambush website are only $10/month.
- Custom Ad Campaigns: We can work with you to design a custom ad campaign. ...after all, we are a sports promotion company and can help you develop the means to effectively reach your target audience. Request more info about a custom campaign.